Call Us! (+27)18 468 5143
Nurtures your child’s musical, cognitive and social development
in a play group setting.
Inspires imagination and musical curiosity!
Kindermusik™offers your pre-schooler the best of everything. We’ve got social, emotional, early language, and motor skill development covered, plus your child gets the added beneﬁt of music permeating everything we do to get those neurons ﬁring! Have you noticed your child’s explosion in vocabulary, storytelling, and imagination? We know that pre-schoolers thrive on pretend play so Kindermusik™classes include songs, stories, and instrument ensembles to nurture your child’s budding creativity. Bonus: it’s fun!With cognitive, emotional, and social beneﬁts, a Kindermusik™class is the perfect place for your pre-schooler.(Find descriptions of these different programs at the bottom of the page)
What you’ll experience in the Kindermusik™ Program for pre-schoolers
- Musical concepts and terms. Musical concepts like timbre, form, tempo, and tonality develop abstract thinking skills, expressive speaking, and creative expression. An emerging vocabulary of musical terms inspires children with the language of music.
- Pretend play. Pretend play activities are integrated with the music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills, especially in a play group type environment.
- Instrument play. Instrument play and exploration develops a level of skill and understanding that will transfer to future study – skills like recognizing pitch, playing with a steady beat, identifying timbre and form, and participating in an ensemble.
- Musical variety and singing. Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for your child to explore his many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing becomes a focus for enhancing the preschooler’s vocal development as her expressive language is just beginning to emerge.
- Movement Activities. Pre-schoolers love to move, and they need to move to learn. In class, movement inspires our musical play, extends creativity, and provides a safe, inviting environment for practicing developing motor skills.
- Language and cognitive development. We’ll tap into your pre-schooler’s love of stories, rhymes, and silly words, supporting his newly emerging world of expressive language. Thinking skills will be challenged as we discover, compare, make choices, solve problems, find patterns, and remember sequences in our music and play.
- Parent involvement. Pre-schoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, but often still need the emotional security provided by a parent. Your child will experience both in Imagine That! since caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class.
- Something new every unit. Four uniquely themed units of Imagine That!– See What I Saw; Toys I Make, Trips I Take; Hello Weather; and Cities! – mean there is always more to learn and enjoy. You’ll find Imagine That! to be the perfect bridge between Our Time and Young Child.
Pre-schoolers are actively expanding their base of knowledge through trial and error, talking, moving, and yes, even being a little silly at times! There’s no limit as to how far a little imagination, a lot of music, the joy of being with friends, and some Sharing Time with family can take these eager learners who are also on their way to becoming promising musicians in their own right.
|Click to enlarge |
- Language Development – The pre-schooler has a lot to say, and he loves to tell stories and share information. Kindermusik gives your pre-schooler an outlet for self-expression by capitalizing on his capacity for imaginary play, his ability to follow 3-step directions, and his interest in making up stories and rhymes.
- Vocal Development – Now that the speaking voice is more fully developed, we’ll turn our attention to finding the song that’s in every heart. The singing we do in class will expand the children’s song repertoire, help them begin to match pitch, and teach them to use their voices expressively.
- Cognitive Development – These concrete thinkers are also curious learners who have an increasing ability to think about ideas and things that are not immediately visible. Our Kindermusik activities give lots of opportunities for stretching those cognitive abilities through labelling, repetition, sequencing, and participating in pretend play.
- Gross Motor Skills – Skills like hopping, skipping, running, and walking are refined as we add the challenge of moving to a musical cue. Kindermusik helps your active pre-schooler become more expressive in his movement, giving her lots of opportunities to benefit from the strong connection between moving and learning.
- Fine Motor Skills – Drawing simple objects on paper or building a tower with blocks show that your child is ready to take on the challenge of using a mallet and playing instruments with greater variety and skill. Kindermusik provides a critical bridge of musical learning and experience.
- Social Emotional Development – Every child is a contributor in our Kindermusik classes! Respect for each child and a knowledge of age-appropriate expectations means that your child’s teacher provides a secure environment for each child to explore, learn, grow, and contribute.
- Musical Development – Kindermusik taps into your child’s natural musicianship and developing musical skills. We’ll help your child find and develop his singing voice and teach him a beginning vocabulary of music terms.
The different programs of Kindermusik™ for Pre-schoolers (Ages 3-6)
|For ages 3 to 5 years old only@ studios
Imagine That! takes your pre-schooler on an incredible musical journey… a journey that is limited only by the power of imagination. Singing becomes a focus for enhancing your pre-schooler’s vocal development as her expressive language is just beginning to emerge. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, movement and literature to capture your child’s potential to learn and to encourage her cognitive and literacy skills, creativity and individuality. You will be amazed at just how far a little imagination…and a lot of music… can go.
Home Materials from the program Imagine That!
|For ages 3 and 4 years old at studios & Gr RR
Each week in class we combine your pre-schooler’s natural love of music, storytelling, and imaginative play with age-appropriate group activities for kids that introduce early music concepts and foster independence, social and emotional skills, language growth, and self-control. We also connect you with other parents who share in the wonder of parenting a pre-schooler. Parents join class for the final activities. The digital home materials,Kindermusik@Homebring the music, activities, and each month’s story everywhere you go. The repetition enhances the learning—and the fun!
Home Materials from the program Laugh & Learn
|For ages 4 – 6 years old at studios, nursery schools, Gr RR & Gr R
From the moment you became a parent, you wanted the best for your child. In class, we engage your child in music and movement activities that also promote language, social and emotional skills, early math and early literacy, physical coordination, creativity, and more. Plus, your child will learn basic music vocabulary and notation—all setting the stage for future school success and formal music lessons. The Kindermusik@Homedigital home or hard copy materials extend the benefits all week long with music from class, activities for the whole family, and each month’s story.
Home Materials from the program Move & Groove
http://www.microtonemusic.net/Developmental_Details_by_Class.pdf Click here to download a chart detailing the developmental benefits of the Kindermusik pre-schooler curriculum: Imagine That!.